Meteora Day Trip from Athens by Train
- Discover the astonishing UNESCO-listed Meteora in one day
- Countless impressive views of the countryside during the train ride
- Visit three different monasteries & enjoy the view of the majestic grey rocks
- Free time to explore the town of Kalabaka
- Excellent value for money
Don’t miss the opportunity during your stay in Athens to visit the breathtaking Meteora Monasteries with this amazing full day rail tour! Countless panoramic images will remain etched in your memory with the opportunity for video and photos along the way.
Catch the train of 7:20 a.m. to Kalambaka in the morning from the Athens Railway Station and enjoy a trip that will give you the chance to admire the beauty of the countryside. Arrive around 11:30 a.m. in Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks, and crowded by the METEORA Monasteries.
Arriving in Kalambaka, our English speaking driver will be waiting you holding a signboard with your name on it and will transfer you to the Meteora Monasteries. For about four and a half hours you will have the time to explore three Monasteries as well as the hermit caves of Badovas. Meteora is included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list.
At the end of the day, our driver will transfer you back to Kalambaka, where you will have the time to scroll around and have a light lunch (not included). At 17:15 p.m. the train departs from Kalambaka, and arrives at 21:25 back to Athens.
- Roundtrip rail tickets based on your choice
- Round-trip shared transfer in Kalambaka
- Expert English speaking driver
- Local taxes
- Entrance fees of the Monasteries
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Athens hotel pick up and drop-off
Entrance to the monasteries: Appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
Departure: The train for Kalambaka departs from the Athens rail station. You need to go at the rail station on your own at 07:00 having your printed train tickets with you.
Train Tickets: Few days before the activity, you will receive an e-mail with the e-tickets. Reservations are accepted 48 hours prior to the tour.
Reservations: Reservations are accepted 48 hours prior to the tour.